EFL clubs close to agreeing £50m Premier League bailout package | Football News

first_imgPremier League CEO Richard Masters– Advertisement – Premier League chief executive Richard Masters said at a Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee meeting that there can be no ‘blank cheque’ to bail out clubs in the English Football League “The EFL believes that today represents a significant step forward and is hopeful that a final agreement on the short-term rescue package across all three divisions can be reached imminently which will provide much needed support, clarity and certainty for all EFL clubs at a time when they need it most.“In addition to finalising the short-term financial issues, clubs were today informed that the EFL will contribute fully in the Premier League’s strategic review to consider the future structure and financing of English football, and will hopefully have a direct and positive impact on a more sustainable EFL in the future.”The Premier League’s strategic review has been stepped up following the emergence of Project Big Picture proposals last month.PL chief Masters ‘confident’ bailout agreement can be reached 2:27 Clubs in League One and League Two look set to be able to access the £50m coronavirus rescue package from the Premier League soon after EFL clubs held positive talks on Thursday.The package, which is made up of £20m in grants and £30m in loans to help clubs cope with the absence of matchday revenue, was initially rejected by the EFL because it did not apply to Championship clubs.- Advertisement –center_img Now that the Premier League has brought forward a separate package for Championship clubs, the impasse seems to have been broken.In a statement, the EFL said: “Following a comprehensive debate in all three divisions, a collective agreement in principle was made to move forward and finalise the negotiations, with Championship clubs making it clear today that they wanted to ensure their colleagues in League One and League Two received the proposed £50m financial support package to cover gate losses for 2019-20 and 2020-21 as soon as is practically possible.“Championship clubs also acknowledged that discussions in respect of the levels of support they will receive will remain ongoing.- Advertisement – Premier League chief executive Richard Masters says he is “confident we can reach an agreement” with the EFL over emergency funding after an MP labelled the situation a “farce”.Julian Knight MP described the failure to reach an agreement as a “farce” at a Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee meeting on Tuesday, and warned Masters that 10 Football League clubs were unlikely to make payroll this month without a financial bailout.Masters confirmed the Premier League would now be willing to discuss financial assistance for teams in the Championship but insisted the original offer was “appropriate”.“The Premier League has engaged and wants to seek resolution but there can’t be a blank cheque or an underwriting of losses,” said Masters on Tuesday.“We believe our proposal is appropriate and goes to the heart of the problem and is in line with Government policy on how it deals with other sectors.“We believe we are stepping up and helping the pyramid of football, we have yet to reach an agreement with Rick Parry but I am confident we can do that.” – Advertisement –last_img read more

Mike Saran arrived in Croatia by bicycle

first_imgOn the sixth day since he left Prague and covered more than 700 kilometers through the Czech Republic, Austria and Slovenia on his bicycle, Mike Saran – owner of the Le Meridien Lav hotel in Split and founder of the Sport2Life foundation, arrived in Croatia yesterday (June 12.06.2020, XNUMX). So far, Saran, accompanied by his friend and professional Czech cyclist Tomas Grimm, has traveled 720 kilometers through the Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia to Zagreb. In front of him is another 580 kilometers of road on which he plans to visit Karlovac, Rastoke, Plitvice Lakes, Gacka Valley, Krk and Skradin, Šibenik and Trogir and about all that, about the beauties and interesting things he will meet along the way, he will talk through his social networks MikeChallenge and #CycleYourDreams. Crossing the Slovenian-Croatian border at the Macelj border crossing two days ago, he achieved one of the basic goals of his feat – he proved how safe and easy it is to travel from the Czech Republic to Croatia. The goal was to prove by personal example that traveling in Europe, more precisely from the Czech Republic to Croatia, is simple after a pandemic and after the borders are open, and that Croatia is an ideal and very safe country for a summer vacation.  / / / TRAVELS BY BIKE FROM THRESHOLD TO SPLIT TO SHOW TRAVEL SAFETY AFTER A PANDEMIC “Croatia is a beautiful country and my intention was to show how easy and safe it is to get to Croatia. At the same time, Croatia, and especially Dalmatia, offers everything that a modern tourist can wish for at the moment – it is a beautiful destination with a preserved coast, you can visit it by car, bicycle, you can enjoy the sea or mountains, it is full of excellent adrenaline locations. hotel offer, is located in the heart of Europe and is a very safe destination. In addition, I wanted to once again inspire parents and children to be active, to enjoy the outdoors and in nature, to play sports, which is the main goal of my foundation Sport2Life” said Saran. Photo: BRDA Volleyball Club Mike Saran – investor in Croatia, philanthropist and founder of the Sport2Life Foundation, adventurer and owner of the Le Meridien LAV hotel in Split, decided to cover 1200 kilometers on his bike in just ten days, on roads and off road trails of the Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia to your hotel in Split. His arrival in Split, more precisely his hotel Le Meridien LAV, is expected on Monday, June 15 in the evening.  last_img read more

English Partnerships falls short of £1bn regeneration target

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

The eclectic developer

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Newsreader Sandra Sully lists Gold Coast investment properties

first_imgNewsreader Sandra Sully and husband, Symon Brewis-Weston, are selling part of their Gold Coast property portfolio.BRISBANE-BORN newsreader Sandra Sully and her husband, FlexiGroup chief Symon Brewis-Weston, are selling off part of their Gold Coast investment portfolio.The couple is selling three units in ‘Parkdale Apartments’, walking distance from the beach at 12 Chelsea Ave, Broadbeach. Newsreader Sandra Sully and her husband are selling three units in this Broadbeach property.The units are being marketed as a “buy one or buy them all” potential development opportunity to secure half a building on a 600 sqm block.The property is scheduled for auction on December 9 through Ray White’s Gareth Denning and Veronika Princeton-Hall. Newsreader Sandra Sully and her husband are selling this unit in Broadbeach.The Ten Network journalist started buying into the block of six units in 2006.Records show she paid $361,500 for a second-floor unit and two years later, she snapped up a ground floor apartment for $410,000. RECORD APARTMENT RESALE IN ABIAN More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus23 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market23 hours ago SLEEPY SUBURB LANDS $3M-PLUS SALE THIS IS WHAT $12 MILLION CAN BUY Newsreader Sandra Sully and her husband are selling three units in this Broadbeach property.Sully and Brewis-Weston then bought a top floor apartment in the same building in both of their names early this year for $415,000.Records show it was previously owned by Sully’s parents. GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HERE Newsreader Sandra Sully is selling some of her Gold Coast properties. Picture: Christian Gilles.The couple own another unit in Brittania Avenue in Broadbeach, which they bought for $740,000 in 2011 and which was last offered for lease for $585 a week.last_img read more

Contract Awarded for Baltimore Harbor Maintenance Dredging Project

first_imgGreat Lakes Dredge & Dock Co. LLC, Old Brook, Illinois, has been awarded a $26.4 million contract for the Baltimore Harbor maintenance dredging project.According to the DOD, work will be performed in Baltimore, Maryland, with an estimated completion date of March 30, 2020.The work is part of the regular maintenance of the multiple channels that go from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia all the way into Baltimore Harbor that require periodic dredging to ensure continued safe navigation for vessels going in and out of the Port of Baltimore.Each year, the Maryland Department of Transportation Port Administration (MPA) and the Army Corps work together to maintain approximately 150 nautical miles of channels that run through the Chesapeake Bay, Patapsco Rive, and Baltimore Harbor.On average, 4.7 million cubic yards of sediment must be dredged every year to maintain them.The last dredging campaign – recently completed by Norfolk Dredging of Virginia – had a price tag of roughly $24.6 million and included removal of nearly 2.6 million cubic yards of material from the shipping channels.During the works, the channels were dredged to a depth of 51 feet plus one to two feet of allowable overdepth.last_img read more

Terry available for Stoke game

first_imgJohn Terry is available for selection and in contention for Chelsea’s game against Stoke this weekend.It was feared the Blues skipper would be sidelined for a further six weeks when he underwent keyhole surgery on a knee problem.But his recovery has been quicker than expected and Terry was an unused substitute for Tuesday’s FA Cup win at Birmingham.AdChoices广告“He’s available. We’ll have to take it in small steps,” confirmed interim boss Roberto Di Matteo.“For him to recover in just two weeks is really good. He’s done really well to recover so quickly and is determined to help the club.”Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img

Katsina Set to Host Hitch-free 2018 NFF Elections

first_imgBalele who also doubles as Chairman of the state owned NPFL side, Katsina United FC, stressed that the state looks ahead to welcoming all the congress men and football stakeholders in the country as well as the international observers from CAF and FIFA.“We are ready in Katsina to host the NFF elections. His Excellency, Alhaji Aminu Bello Masari is happy to host this event and the people of Katsina that are passionate about football welcome all the NFF delegates, football stakeholders and the international observers to our state,” observed Balele yesterday.Against speculations that there may be no security for the delegates at the venue of the Congress, Balele dispelled such and assured all of the topnotch security surveillance at the place.“We want to assure everyone that adequate security has been provided for hitch-free exercise and we are very hopeful that everyone will leave Katsina with beautiful memories at the end of the day,” concludes the Katsina FC boss.Meanwhile, incumbent Amaju Melvin Pinnick is aspiring to become the first president of the NFF to be returned for a second term in the last five decades.The 48-year old Vice President of CAF has a tough challenger in Aminu Maigari, the man he took over the baton from in 2014.Maigari is banking on the structure he put in place while he reined as NFF chief between 2010 and 2014 to reclaim the mandate he was forced to abdicate after the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.Also in the race for the coveted NFF top job is former General Secretary and later Chairman of Chairmen, Taiwo Ogunjobi.The ex-international is considered one of the most informed technocrats in football administration in the country but lacks the war chest to prosecute grabbing the choice NFF position.The fourth candidate in the race for the NFF presidency is a relatively unknown amateur club proprietor, Chinedu Okoye.His Lafia, Nasarawa-based Bimo FC was on Monday kicked out of the NNL for breaches.Another keen contest to look forward at the NFF elections is the position of Chairman of chairmen where the current Chairman, Ibrahim Gusau wants to keep his office against a formidable foe, Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah, the chairman of Anambra State Football Association. He is also the proprietor of NPFL clubside, FC IfeanyiUbah.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Duro IkhazuagbeDespite threats of court injunctions from a minute section of the Nigerian football family, Katsina State Government announced yesterday its readiness to host a hitch-free 2018 Congress of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) where a new executive committee will be elected to pilot affairs for the next four years on Thurday, September 20.Aminu Kurfi Balele, Senior Special Assistant on Sports to Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari, said yesterday that everything needed to have a rancor-free elective congress have been put in place.last_img read more

USC defense must blend old with new

first_img“Inside the 20s” runs Thursdays. To comment on this story, email Nick at nselbe@usc.edu or visit   dailytrojan.com. Every year, across the country, the same thing happens: Schools hire a new head football coach or new assistants. Once spring practice starts, the new schemes and playbooks that each new coach brings are proclaimed to be so much better than those that came before.Sure enough, early returns on new USC Defensive Coordinator Clancy Pendergast and his 5-2 defense are positive, and many are happily envisioning a 2013 season in which the spread offenses of other Pac-12 schools are utterly befuddled by Pendergast’s revolutionary new strategies.But we’re smarter than that.We know that, for the most part, the onus will be on both returning players and incoming freshmen to improve upon last season’s underwhelming performance, in which the Trojans finished fifth in the Pac-12 in scoring defense and seventh in total defense. Though these numbers were not awful, they definitely are not at the standard that should be expected of USC and its bevy of four- and five-star defensive recruits.Though much will be made of Pendergast and his ability to “fix” the USC defense, whether or not that will be accomplished will mostly come as a result of returning players getting better and new players making an immediate impact.For the former, the Trojans have a number of candidates. USC returns seven starters on the defensive side of the ball from a season ago, a group that does not include senior defensive end Devon Kennard, a starter from 2011 who missed all of last season because of injury. Each player had varying levels of success last year and all definitely have room for growth.Chief among those who need to make the biggest leap is junior linebacker Lamar Dawson. Dawson was one of the most sought-after prep players in the country in 2011 and was given the honor of wearing jersey #55 in his first season on the team. The Kentucky native took over the starting role midway through his freshman season and started nine games last season, recording 77 tackles, good for fourth on the team.But Dawson’s impact on defense has been a bit underwhelming. He has shown an inability to stand out, at least among fans, and has made few “big plays.” He recorded only two tackles behind the line of scrimmage last year and has just two interceptions and one forced fumble in his career.To be blunt, much more was expected from Dawson when he arrived on campus. Injuries have played a part in his relative ineffectiveness. He’s dealt with an ankle sprain each of the last two seasons, but a large reason why USC’s defense faltered a year ago was because of Dawson’s failure to establish himself in the middle of the field, something that he will have to do this year if the defense is to make any significant strides.Of course, there is always the possibility Dawson gets benched in favor of a more successful combination of linebackers. But at 6-foot-2 and 235 pounds, he has the potential to wreak havoc on opposing offenses, and the coaching staff would much rather have him earn playing time than get beaten out by someone else.USC also has the luxury of several freshmen who can make an instant impact on the defensive side. The player that seems to be the leading candidate to play right away is defensive back Su’a Cravens. The versatile player has already received rave reviews from USC players and coaches alike during the first few spring practices of his career. He’s even drawn comparisons to former players Nickell Robey and Robert Woods, who started in the first game of their freshman seasons.What makes Cravens’ expected impact even more exciting is that it will come in the secondary, an area in dire need for the 2013 Trojans. USC ranked sixth in the conference in pass-defense efficiency last year and must replace three starters: Robey and safeties T.J. McDonald and Jawanza Starling. The only returning player with any starting experience is defensive back Josh Shaw, a Florida transfer who has played both cornerback and safety.Having Cravens step in right away would be huge, because the last thing the secondary needs is a revolving door situation at multiple positions, much like last year’s second cornerback spot. And with fellow freshman defensive back Leon McQuay III also standing out in the early going, it isn’t hard to envision a tandem of Cravens and McQuay as a mainstay on the backline for years to come.Change for the sake of change is not a good thing, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the Trojans’ new 5-2 defensive scheme will hinder its performance next season. What it’s going to come down to is how all this amassed talent can gel together. And if returning and incoming players can create some semblance of synergy, then performances like last year’s awful Oregon game will be nothing but a distant, terrible memory.last_img read more

Oshae Brissett invited to NBA Draft Combine

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on May 14, 2019 at 6:49 pm Contact Michael: mmcclear@syr.edu | @MikeJMcCleary Syracuse forward Oshae Brissett was among 10 players at the NBA G League Elite Camp to advance to the NBA Draft Combine, per ESPN.center_img AdvertisementThis is placeholder textBrissett, who averaged 12.4 points and 7.5 rebounds per game in his sophomore year with the Orange, participated in the Elite Camp with former Syracuse teammate Tyus Battle. Battle did not receive an invite to the Draft Combine.The inaugural G League Elite Camp replaces the NBA G League Elite Mini Camp and is open to 2019 NBA Draft hopefuls, allowing a select group of players to advance to the NBA Draft Combine. The selection was made from a poll of NBA Executives, per ESPN.The NBA Draft Combine began Tuesday and will run through Sunday, May 19. Brissett will have until May 29 to decide whether he will withdraw his name from the 2019 NBA Draft and return for his junior year at Syracuse. Commentslast_img read more